Estimated time of reading: ~ 2 minutes
The #BeInclusive EU sport Awards 2021 is an EU prize in the field of Sport under the Erasmus+ Programme.
It aims to reward the best projects that have successfully supported social inclusion through sport. Projects can include disadvantaged, marginalized or underprivileged groups such as individuals with difficult social, economic or educational backgrounds, people with a disability, health problems, or cultural differences such as migrants, refugees, people belonging to ethnic minorities or suffering geographical barriers. Besides rewarding specific organisations, the award of prizes will also give visibility and support the dissemination of innovative ideas, initiatives and best practices throughout Europe.
The awards will feature the following three categories:
- Breaking barriers: to reward projects showing resilience and giving examples of how to overcome obstacles to participation;
- Celebrating diversity: to reward projects showing tolerance and giving positive examples of different people groups, emphasizing the benefits of understanding each other;
- Inspiring change: to reward projects showing inspiration and giving positive examples of empowerment and role models from groups with fewer opportunities.
To be eligible, the applicants must be:
- legal entities (natural persons, public or private bodies, including international organisations);
- be established in one of the eligible countries:
- EU Member State;
- Erasmus+ Programme Countries;
- EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories);
- non-EU countries: EEA countries and countries associated to the Erasmus+ Programme or countries which are in ongoing negotiations for an association agreement.
Each of the three categories will reward one winner with EUR 10 000 and two finalists with EUR 2 500 each.
Deadline for submission is 21 October (17:00 CET).
Further information on the call and the official document for submission is available at the following link
Written by: Margherita Genua
Submitted on: 17.09.2021