The Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values programme provides funding for citizens engagement, equality for all and the implementation of rights and EU values. The programme promotes exchanges between people of different countries, reinforces mutual understanding and tolerance and gives them the opportunity to broaden their perspective and develop a sense of European belonging and identity through the town- twinning and networks of towns.
This is a call for proposals in the field of Citizens’ engagement and covers the following topics:
- CERV-2021-CITIZENS-TOWN-TT (Topic 1) — Town-Twinning;
- CERV-2021-CITIZENS-TOWN-NT (Topic 2) — Networks of Towns.
Each project application under the call must address only one of these topics.
It is expected that Town-Twinning projects reflect on a new narrative for Europe, citizen-oriented, equality promoting, forward-looking and constructive that would be more engaging for the younger generation.
- Raising awareness on the richness of the cultural and linguistic environment in Europe;
- Raising awareness of the importance of reinforcing the European integration process based on solidarity;
- Fostering a sense of belonging to Europe by promoting the debate on the future of Europe;
- Reflecting on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the local communities.
Only applications by single applicants are allowed. Town-Twinning projects must involve municipalities from at least two eligible countries of which at least one is an EU Member State. Projects should normally last up to 12 months.
Networks of Towns
Networks of Towns should provide towns and municipalities the possibility to deepen and intensify their cooperation and debate in a long-term perspective, to develop sustainable networks and to outline their long-term vision for the future of European integration.
- To promote exchanges between citizens of different countries;
- To give citizens the opportunity to discover the cultural diversity of the European Union and to make them aware that European values and cultural heritage constitute the foundation for a common future;
- To guarantee peaceful relations between Europeans and to ensure their active participation at the local level;
- To reinforce mutual understanding and friendship between European citizens;
- To encourage cooperation between municipalities and the exchange of best practices;
- To support good local governance and reinforce the role of local and regional authorities in the European integration process.
Proposals must be submitted by a consortium of at least five applicants. These should be municipalities from at least five eligible countries of which at least three are EU Member States. Projects should normally range between 12 and 24 months.
For both topics, the following activities can be funded, among others:
workshops, seminars, conferences, training activities, expert meetings, webinars, awareness-raising activities, data gathering and consultation, development, exchanges and dissemination of good practices amongst public authorities and civil society organisations, development of communication tools and the use of social media.
The available call budget is EUR 6.945.135. This budget might be increased by maximum 20%.
For town twinning the allocated budget is 2.745.135 €. Networks of town 4.200.000 €
Deadline for submitting proposal is 26 August 2021.
Official documentation is available here