The European Commission launches a new call for proposals to promote and protect the rights of people with disabilities.
A new call for proposals under the Rights, Equality and Citizenship (REC) Programme was recently launched by The Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, entitled “Operating Grants 2017 to Framework Partners active in the area: rights of persons with disabilities.”
In order to be eligible, applicants must be an organizations that signed a Framework Partnership Agreement with the European Commission following the 2014 Call for Proposals establishing three-year Framework Partnership Agreements for the period 2015-2017.
The Framework Partnership Agreements, signed in 2015, set out the conditions governing potential operating grants and encompass a triennial strategic action plan proposed by the EU-level networks and accepted by the European Commission.
Objective and type of activities
The Call for proposals is intended to promote and protect the rights of persons with disabilities. In particular, the activities of the networks should contribute to one or more of the following priorities:
- supporting the implementation of the priorities of the European Disability Strategy 2010-2020, including in the context of its mid-term review;
- contributing to the implementation of the UNCRPD and promoting the involvement of the national member organisations in the implementation;
- supporting and contributing to implement the UN Concluding Observations on the report on the implementation of the UNCRPD by the EU;
- supporting the achievement of the Europe 2020 strategy targets on employment, poverty and education;
- supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of EU and national policies and legislation in the area of disability;
- contributing to mainstreaming different aspects of disability matters in the EU and national policies, particularly in the areas of employment, education, social inclusion, social protection, health, human rights, international cooperation and development to make sure that the rights and needs of persons with disabilities are properly addressed;
- contributing to improving accessibility to goods and services, including by supporting the work on the European Accessibility Act and other EU legislation;
- contributing to the development of specific policies relevant to disabilities in the area of independent living, in particular as regards the transition from institutional to community-based care.
May be funded under this call for proposals the following types of activities:
- analytical activities;
- training activities;
- mutual learning;
- awareness-raising and dissemination activities.
Budget and Deadline for submission
The total budget allocated by the EU to co-finance projects under this call is around 3,000,000.00 Euros. Despite the Commission expects to fund 8 proposals, it reserves the right not to distribute all available funds. Under this call for proposals, the EU grant may not exceed 80% of the total eligible costs of the action.
Deadline for submitting proposals is set on 16 September 2016
More information on this call for proposal may be found in the European Commission’s website.
- 22 February 2021
- 24 January 2021
- 10 January 2021
- 13 December 2020
- 30 November 2020
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest developments in key areas of European affairs, EU institutions' forthcoming activities and funding opportunities