Estimated time of reading: ~ 1 minute
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) recently announced the launch of the ‘EIT Community Booster – Scaling New European Bauhaus Ventures.’ Launched by the European Commission, the New European Bauhaus translates the European Green Deal into a tangible experience in which all Europeans can participate and progress together.
The joint EIT Community New European Bauhaus initiative is led by EIT Digital and includes EIT Climate-KIC, EIT Food, EIT Urban Mobility and EIT Manufacturing. The initiative has a budget of EUR 5 million for 2021 and 2022 to:
- provide acceleration services and support New European Bauhaus-related entrepreneurs, innovators and ventures;
- create and mobilise bottom-up citizen driven initiatives;
- offer entrepreneurial training activities and education resources in upskilling and lifelong learning.
The new EIT Community programme will identify promising New European Bauhaus-related ventures, supporting their growth and development from individual ideas to successful entrepreneurial projects.
20 innovative companies will be selected as part of the new booster.
Selected companies will receive funding from a pool of EUR 1 million to accelerate solutions and become international game-changers integrating three core values:
- sustainability (from climate goals, to circularity, zero pollution, and biodiversity);
- aesthetics (quality of experience and style, beyond functionality);
- inclusion (including diversity first, securing accessibility and affordability).
The deadline for submitting your application is on the 17th of December 2021.
Official documentation can be found here
Written by: Margherita Genua
Submitted on: 26.10.2021.