LIFE: Call for proposals – Life Clean Energy TransitionEU funding opportunities 2 July 2022
Estimated time of reading: ~ 2 minutes
Building on the success of Horizon 2020 Energy Efficiency (2014-2020) programmes, the LIFE Clean Energy Transition sub-programme continues to support the delivery of EU policies in the field of sustainable energy. Within the LIFE programme, the Clean Energy Transition sub-programme has the following objectives:
- develop, demonstrate and promote innovative techniques, methods and approaches to achieve the objectives of EU legislation and policy on the transition to sustainable renewable energy and energy efficiency and contributing to the knowledge exchange and the application of best practices;
- support the development, implementation, monitoring and enforcement of EU legislation and policy on the transition to sustainable renewable energy or energy efficiency by improving governance at all levels and strengthening the capacities of public and private actors as well as the involvement of civil society;
- catalyse the large-scale deployment of successful technical and policy solutions for the implementation of EU legislation on the transition to renewable energy energy efficiency by replicating results, integrating related objectives into other public and private sector policies and practices, mobilising investment and improving access to finance.
The call funds Coordination and Support Actions (CSA) which are aimed at breaking market barriers hindering the socio-economic transition to sustainable energy, by involving more small and medium-sized stakeholders, multiple actors including local and regional public authorities, no-profit organisations, as well as consumers.
Projects co-financed under the LIFE Clean Energy Transition sub-programme cover the following five areas of intervention with the related calls for proposals:
- Building a national, regional and local policy framework supporting the clean energy transition;
- Technical support to clean energy transition plans and strategies in municipalities and regions
- Towards an effective implementation of key legislation in the field of sustainable energy
- New ecodesign and energy labelling compliance support facility for suppliers and retailers
- Making the “Energy efficiency first” principle more operational
- Accelerating technology roll-out, digitalisation, new services and business models and enhancement of the related professional skills on the market;
- Towards a zero-emission building stock: strengthening the enabling framework for deep renovation
- Energy performance and Smart Readiness of buildings – making the instruments work
- Supporting the clean energy transition of the business sector
- BUILD UP Skills – Strategies and training interventions enabling a decarbonised building stock
- Integration of low-grade renewable energy or waste heat in high temperature district heating
- Accelerating deployment and affordability of heat pumps through collective purchase actions and procurement
- Attracting private finance for sustainable energy;
- Mainstreaming sustainable energy investments in the financial sector
- National Finance Roundtables for sustainable energy investments
- Innovative financing schemes for sustainable energy investments
- Supporting the development of local and regional investment projects;
- Integrated Home Renovation Services
- Setting up facilitation structures to accelerate the renovation wave in the public sector
- Project Development Assistance for sustainable energy investments
- Involving and empowering citizens in the clean energy transition.
- Addressing building related interventions in vulnerable districts
- Developing support mechanisms for energy communities
Legal entities, public and private, established in one of the countries eligible for LIFE, i.e. EU States, including OCTs, international organizations.
For most topics a project proposal must be submitted by a partnership of at least 3 beneficiaries from 3 different eligible States. Exceptions are: LIFE-2022-CET-COMPLIANCE, LIFE-2022-CET-BUILDSKILLS, LIFE-2022-CET-FINROUND, LIFE-2022-CET-HOMERENO, LIFE-2022-CET-RENOPUB and LIFE-2022-CET-PDA, for which a project proposal can be submitted by one entity only.
The calls will remain open until 16 November 2022.
Detailed information and documentation to participate can be found here
Written by: Margherita Genua