Estimated time of reading: ~ 1 minute
The European Commission published the Pilot Project call for proposals ‘Sport for People and Planet – a new approach on sustainability through sport in Europe’. The call is launched in accordance with the 2022 Work Programme and will be managed by the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
Pilot projects and preparatory actions (PPPAs) are new initiatives designed to test the feasibility of an action, and last not more than 2 years.
This pilot project uses the power of sport to make European citizens aware of the importance of sustainability and help them to understand how they can contribute to social cohesion and environmental protection.
The initiative is in line with the objectives of the New European Bauhaus.
The objectives of the proposed project are to:
- raise awareness, inspire behaviour, on how sport can enable and accelerate social and environmental transformation;
- engage EU citizens to actively participate in sustainable measures using the communicative power of sport, its major events and leading role models.
The action should focus on examples of inspirational behaviour and practices at grassroots level that can be multiplied and on methods to engage citizens and sport stakeholders in communities to co-create and cooperate on sustainable sport practices.
Actions must promote the increased and active role of sport in sustainability and environmental transformation.
The activities shall plan and implement methods aimed at making sport the role model industry in environmental transformation, especially for young generations.
The expected outcomes include:
- collecting and sharing knowledge on new behavioural approaches needed to make the sport sector more environmentally sustainable;
- develop approaches and toolkit to be used by sport organisations to become influential leaders in environmental transformation;
- investigate new approaches allowing sport to become a model of sustainability especially for European young generation;
- present and implement socially and environmentally sustainable solutions for sport events.
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
- be legal entities (public or private bodies)
- be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.: EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs))
- be an organisation active in the field of sport, with legal personality, which regularly organizes sport activities and competitions and has activities in Europe, a European dimension or European impact
Projects should normally range between 12 and 18 months (extensions are possible, if duly justified and through an amendment). Only applications by single applicants are allowed (single beneficiaries).
The available call budget is EUR 1 437 074.
Deadline for submission is 12 October 2022 at 17:00 CEST
Detailed information and documentation to participate can be found here
Written by: Margherita Genua